Friday, July 22, 2011

Hi

Greetings from South Africa!!

I didn't have internet otherwise I would have done this earlier but I will try to catch up. So we were at Bard for two days of orientation and then we got up at for a  5am bus to starting our 30 HOURS of traveling. Yeah, that was rough.  It was 20 hours of planes, 4 of buses and 6 of airports. But I watched a bunch of movies on the plane. And tried to sleep, Emirates made the plane lights go out and did this fake star thing on the ceiling during the night which was kind of cool. We had a layover in Dubai after 12 hours of flying.

The airport was round.
This is just some of the carry on luggage.  Ridiculous I know, when we got there there wasn't enough storage room under the bus for all of our stuff.


And then we went on the next flight to Johannesburg and got there around 430 in the afternoon.  I knew it was winter but forgot that that meant things like getting dark earlier so by the time we got to campus an hour later it was dark out.  There they fed us dinner and sent us to our rooms to get some much needed sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment