Monday, September 5, 2011

Fun Facts 2

  • People here hug all the time. Even if they just met you. It's like Hi I'm name I forget here okay bye hug hug hug. It's a lot of hugs.

  • When it was cold the South Africans thought it was like cold and winter here. It's funny. It is chilly at night but like during the day it's so sunny and then like they're like its freezing when its perfectly nice out.

  • For the first monthish I swear I didn't see a single cloud. They are still rarely seen. I practically had a panic attack when I first saw one. It was like omg something must be horribly wrong.

The sky

  • They call university, verisity, but pronounce it varsity. So if anyone asks about your varsity they mean school not sports team.

  • In other language quirks they call sneakers takkies. 

  • I swear there are like no bugs here. We can just throw open windows and nothing comes flying in.  It's lovely.

    • We only have a limited time with the laundry key, and like I've mentioned electrical things don't move the fastest around here. So basically clothing is never completely dry when you have to take it out. Rooms become drying racks.
    • They call the school newspaper the vuvuzela...you know, after those plastic horns things.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment